Records not available in 'Unbatched Staging Records' RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

In Master data services, from the management studio, i inserted few records in the tables 'tblStgMember' and 'tblStgMemberAttribute'.

But, in the master data services portal in Integration management, those records are not visible in "Unbatched Staging Records".

The Unbatched Staging Records shows:

Total member records : 0

Total attribute records: 0

What could be the problem,

Also, when i executed the same query through the SSIS ETL package, the ETL completed, but the records were not inserted, into the tables.

Friday, April 1, 2011 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yep - that would explain why your counts are not updating correctly on the staging page.

Both of these columns are updated as part of the staging processes. You dont need to touch them.

So try it without populating these two columns and see if it works

Jeremy

http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/blogs/jeremykashel/default.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by Jeremy Kashel Monday, April 4, 2011 2:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by abhinav.s Tuesday, April 5, 2011 9:54 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One thing to check when you are inserting to tblStgMember is that you've got things like the ModelName and EntityName columns populated correctly. So for me, if I want to insert into mdm.tblStgMember, I've got the following T-SQL code:

INSERT INTO mdm.tblStgMember 
    ( 
    					ModelName,
    					EntityName, 
    					MemberType_ID,
    					MemberName,
    					MemberCode
    ) 
    SELECT 				'Product' AS ModelName,
    					'ProductSubCategory' AS EntityName,
    					1 as MemberType,
    					'Test' AS MemberName,
    					123 AS MemberCode

But note if I dont populate the ModelName correctly, e.g. spell it wrong, or perhaps put the entity name there instead, then the counts on the page you mention will be 0. You can insert any old junk into the table, but the counts will only update if the data is correct.

Also - I assume that you haven't already called the mdm.udpStagingSweep stored procedure? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd ask. If you have run it, it will mean that data is loaded into the model, and will mean that the counts will be at zero.

Personally I'd focus on getting it right with a simple example first in SSMS, before moving to SSIS to the production ETL.

Might also be worth trying on one of the sample models (e.g. Product or Customer) to check its not something odd with your own Models.

Thanks

Jeremy

Friday, April 1, 2011 11:58 AM
  • hi, 

Actually in my query i am inserting Batch_ID and Status_ID also along with these columns

I am inserting my own Batch_ID  & inserting Status_ID = 1

Could that create a problem ??

Friday, April 1, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

Yep - that would explain why your counts are not updating correctly on the staging page.

Both of these columns are updated as part of the staging processes. You dont need to touch them.

So try it without populating these two columns and see if it works

Jeremy

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy Kashel Monday, April 4, 2011 2:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by abhinav.s Tuesday, April 5, 2011 9:54 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 12:48 PM