Performance test failed in Windows App Certification Kit - Test Results

Question

• Hi,

I am creating a Windows 8 Metro App using XAML and C#. My application have basic design that follows Microsoft Standard but when I run the test for the App Certification performance test failed. Below is the result.

Performance test
    PASSED
    Bytecode generation
    PASSED
    Optimized binding references
    FAILED
    Performance launch
    • Error Found: The performance launch test collected the following results:.
      • Application Error: Application Launch was not detected for application App. This could be because your application failed to launch correctly. Please consider re-running the test and avoid interacting with the application while tests are running.
    • Impact if not fixed: Application launch time is important for creating a fast and fluid experience for the user. This app will not be accepted by the Windows Store.
    • How to fix: You should ensure that your app’s performance is consistent across different machine configurations and does not exceed the minimum requirements or it will potentially fail during Windows store onboarding. The informational metrics can provide insight into areas that could help improve your app’s performance, but do not impact your apps acceptance by the Windows Store. See link below for more information: 

FAILED
    Performance suspend
    • Error Found: The performance suspend test collected the following results:
      • Application Error: Application Launch was not detected for application App. This could be because your application failed to launch correctly. Please consider re-running the test and avoid interacting with the application while tests are running.
    • Impact if not fixed: Application suspend time is important for creating a fast and fluid experience for the user. This app will not be accepted by the Windows Store.
    • How to fix: The app received a failing score. You should ensure that your app’s performance is consistent across different machine configurations. The informational metrics can provide insight into area that could help improve your app’s performance, but do not impact your apps acceptance by the Windows Store. See link below for more information:

Please help into this, what is the reason and how can I resolve this error.

Thanks in advance.

Himanshu

Saturday, February 08, 2014 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Himanshu,

Are you accessing the internet or loading data during the App Start? That could hurt startup performance. However, this could also mean your dev machine needs a boost (my apps fail WACK on my dev VM but pass on my Surface).

Try this out-

1. Create a brand new Application in Visual Studio (use the same template that you have used for your app).

2. Build it and without an changes, run the WACK tool on it. See if it passes WACK.

3. If it is passing WACK retrace what you are doing different on Load in your app. See if you can move it to OnNavigatedTo.

4. If the default App is not passing WACK try running the WACK tool on a different machine with preferably more RAM and/or faster HDD. In this case you can take a chance and submit the App, it might go through if it's just the dev machine's performance that's an issue.

Hope this helps,

Sumit.

Saturday, February 08, 2014 7:50 AM
  • if your app testing time intractcting (clicking button  , mouse click that app etc ... ) . app testing start then wait and check
    Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:02 AM