DVWP Filter Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have issue with Filter Web Part… I can filter my items properly but the problem is with clearing up the item from filter box, it does not return all values.

Here is my approach (using SharePoint Designer 2010):

Under <Insert>, create Web Part Zone

With web part zone selected, click on <Data View>  and select <Empty Data View>

On the Web Part Empty Data View, click on  “Click here to select a data source”. From the List, select Data Source and click OK.

From Current Data Source, selected Rows which one of them is called “Fiscal year” and inserted as “Multiple Item View”.

Now I have created Text Filter by:

From <Insert> click Web Part and select <Text Filter>

Right click on newly created Filter and select Add Connection; select <Send Filter Values To> from the drop down and click Next.

Connect to a web Part on this page is selected by default… select Next

Target Web part is the one we created earlier and for Target action I have selected “Get Filter Values From” and click Next

Columns in Text Filter I have selected “Text Filter” and point that to “Fiscal Year”, click Next and Finish.

Now… When I test the filter, it works fine filtering items, but clearing up the filter would not return default ALL values???

JBegic

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:40 PM

Answers