Improvements with Windows 8.1 update and latest VS 2013 Update ?

Question

• I'm waiting for improvements in the PlayToReceiver API with Windows 8, but can't find any official list of improvements that come with the updates.

So is the PlayToReceiver in de Windows 8.1 and VS 2013 updated, and are there ant change log's that could be tracked with windows updates like these? 

Software Engineer

Monday, April 07, 2014 2:45 PM

Answers

• There aren't any WinRT API changes in Windows 8.1 update. Is there something you were expecting?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, April 07, 2014 7:26 PM

All replies

• There aren't any WinRT API changes in Windows 8.1 update. Is there something you were expecting?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, April 07, 2014 7:26 PM
  • Not expecting,  but hoping for.

Because the PlayTo receiver API is unreliable with his communication I was hoping there were cahnges in the Windows 8 update or maybe somehow in the VS update? At this moment the PlayToReceiver won't throw any exceptions or give other indications that it wont reach his destination of a network, and there is now way to hook up with the webrequests/responses from the PlayToReceiver.

Hopefully later on.

Thanks for the reply

Software Engineer

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:29 AM