none
Timer Interval RRS feed

• Question

• Why do I receive the following error  "Cannot find property 'Interval' in Timer. The specific code flagged in the program is Timer.Interval = 1000. I have unistalled and reinstalled the latest Small Basic which I believe is v 1.0.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:04 PM

Answers

• Do you have any extensions installed in the lib folder of the Small Basic installation directory.  If you do, then make sure that SmallBasicLibarary.dll is not also in the lib folder.

It is possible that some other extension uses the keyword Timer, with no property Interval, so perhaps get rid of all extensions as a test (rename the lib folder).

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:56 PM

All replies

• Could you please post your full code??

A spark to start a fire is necessary. But mainly you need dry kindling.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Do you have any extensions installed in the lib folder of the Small Basic installation directory.  If you do, then make sure that SmallBasicLibarary.dll is not also in the lib folder.

It is possible that some other extension uses the keyword Timer, with no property Interval, so perhaps get rid of all extensions as a test (rename the lib folder).

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:56 PM
  • I was actually running BZD455-0 by Nonki. I have run others but commented out Timer.Interval which got rid of error. However, when I Comment it out on BZD455-0, the program does not appear to work fully. I kind of understand why timer Interval - so other windows events can occur but do not understand why I am getting the error. Is Timer.Interval part of an add on library or extension to Small Basic?

Thanks for your response.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:53 PM
  • It is in the main SmallBasic, but that doesn't mean it is not also in an extension causing the problem - I seem to recall something like this from one of the extensions.

Two methods with the same name; one in SB and one in an extension could cause this.  This is why most extensions use a prefix for all their methods, FC, LD etc.

Type . after Timer to see what methods are available or try temporarily moving extensions out of the way as suggested.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:47 PM
  • It was an extension. I removed and the error went away. It was probably an outdated/non updated extension. Thanks for the help.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:57 PM