Missing XAML Preview in VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently rebuilt my development system. I am using a Windows 7 RC 7100 build. It is running very stripped out as a development machine. I am running VS2008, and Expression Blend 3. Other than that I am very clean...

On my previous build I am absolutely certain that when I was running the Silverlight 3 BETA release and it's associated toolkit I had a preview mode inside VS2008. Under the code explorer window, when I had a XAML file open, I had a couple of tabs and I'm sure one said "Preview". Since I use Expression Blend for all graphic design I really don't mind too much that it's missing, but from time to time it came in handy to preview in Visual Studio.

So my question is... was the preview mode deprocated with the final release... If not how in God's name do I get it back?

Any help would be appreciated,

Stew.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:35 PM

Answers

• They have "disabled" it.  However, you can still drag the frame back into view in VS2008 (at least I can) - they have minimized it and removed the buttons which allow you to toggle back and forth, and use split view.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:44 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:43 PM
  • They have "disabled" it.  However, you can still drag the frame back into view in VS2008 (at least I can) - they have minimized it and removed the buttons which allow you to toggle back and forth, and use split view.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:44 PM
  • John,

Just a couple of things...

First, thanks for the info... I swear I read the release notes, but I must have glossed over that point.

Second, Shouldn't this forum be a Silverlight interface?

Third, Cute picture... where do you get your hair done! :)

Stew. 

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:39 PM
  • I don't think it was in the release notes because I don't think they want people to use it in VS2008.  I don't think they have all the rendering worked out yet for SL3 in VS2008.

About the pic, haha, that's one of my boys (obviously) and he does his own hair! Wink

Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:59 PM