none
migrate VS12 project with Hebrew strings

Question

• Hello, I need to migrate a project saved in VS12 into VS15. It seems that VS12 saved strings without Unicode. How can I migrate without to loose text?

Michael

Sunday, November 27, 2016 1:44 PM

Answers

• >Hello, I need to migrate a project saved in VS12 into VS15. It seems that VS12 saved strings without Unicode. How can I migrate without to loose text?

I'd assume you'd need to open it on an OS with the same regional code
    page.

What "strings" are you talking about and what sort of a project is it?

What have you tried that's caused you a problem?

Dave

• Marked as answer by grmotild Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:39 AM
    Sunday, November 27, 2016 2:36 PM

All replies

• >Hello, I need to migrate a project saved in VS12 into VS15. It seems that VS12 saved strings without Unicode. How can I migrate without to loose text?

I'd assume you'd need to open it on an OS with the same regional code
    page.

What "strings" are you talking about and what sort of a project is it?

What have you tried that's caused you a problem?

Dave

• Marked as answer by grmotild Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:39 AM
    Sunday, November 27, 2016 2:36 PM
  • Hello Dave. This is Desktop Application. I made it using VS12 in Win7. I used to use local text inside a variables without problem. Now I am in WIN10 with VS15. So when I open a projects everything goes OK beside the strings, For example:  ht.Add(350, "àìé àãøé")

Michael

Sunday, November 27, 2016 2:46 PM
  • Hello Dave. This is Desktop Application.

Native C++, managed C#, VB ?

I used to use local text inside a variables without problem. Now I am in WIN10 with VS15. So when I open a projects everything goes OK beside the strings, For example:  ht.Add(350, "àìé àãøé")

OK, so it's text in your source files.

If you'd not saved them as Unicode originally, then I think you'll
    have to set your OS code page to match the code page the files were
    originally saved as.

Dave

Sunday, November 27, 2016 3:06 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Does your issue is solved or not? If not, please update your current condition.

Refer to your description, I agreed with Dave’s idea. It looks like this issue is related to your windows 10 OS code page not support the Hebrew string, you can try to change the OS code page to 1255 and test this issue again.

If your issue is solved through Dave’s solution or by yourself, could you please share it and mark it as answer, that will help other community members who have the same issue to easier search this useful solution, thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:30 AM