none
Audience targeting not working with users from trusted domain RRS feed

• Question

• We have two domains, A and B, with a two way transitive trust in place as a result of a merger.  SharePoint 2010 SP1, Dec 2011 CU is in domain A.  I've imported users and groups from the merger domain (B) into SharePoint and these users are able to access SharePoint.

I'm now having issues setting up audience targeting on web parts for users from domain B (the merger domain).  I've tried to set the audience based on a security group that's been imported from domain B.  The people picker can see the correct number of people in the group, but the web part doesn't display to users in the group.  I've also created a audience within SharePoint and added users from domain B to the audience.  I can see the users in the audience, but when I add it to the web part audience the users can't see the web part.  Interestingly, if I add a user account from domain A to the audience that user can see the web part. 

I've also created a Domain Local group in domain A and added users from Domain B to the group.  If I use this group for the audience SharePoint can't resolve the group and thinks there are no members.

How can I troubleshoot this issue for users from domain B?

Thanks

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, this behavior is by design.

User Profile Import checks the attributes of external members in the external catalog. The external catalog does not contain the member of information since the group is located internally.

So far, I suggest that you directly grant permission to the users from a remote domain/forest.

For more information about accessing SharePoint with a trusted domain, check out the following article:

http://joyknows.wordpress.com/page/3/

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 23, 2012 6:50 AM