none
CodedUI Migration from Visual Studio 2013 to Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 with update 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to migrate my CodedUI code from VS2013 to VS 2015.

I followed the below steps:

•          I updated the Target Framework  to .NET Framework 4.6.1 for all the projects.
    •          I updated all the dll references.
    •          Resolved all the build errors.
    •          Built the solution successfully. And code is set as per Visual Studio 2015 Environment

The issue is that, the CodedUI code is locating the UI control (Ex. Button). Also firing the click event, but unable to execute javascript code ahead(Method that is called on Click Event of UI Element, more specific the button).

There are some points to be noted here regarding our application

1. The application runs on IE 11, document mode as 8(default)
    2. We are able to click the button and the application runs perfectly when it is done manually but when we try to execute the same steps with CodedUI (VS 2015 Migration), some events(e.g Click Event) are not working.
    3. The same coded UI project/code is working perfectly with VS2013.
    4. I noticed that some of the Assembly versions are same for both the Visual Studio versions(2013 & 2015),    For example: Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.UnitTestFramework  Assembly version- 10.0.0.0
    5. For VS2015 some assemblies versions are old( Same as VS2013)

Observation: As per my analysis, there are some compatibility issues of VS2015 dlls with browser.

Can anyone please provide some suggestions or may be, have faced similar issue with Coded UI then please share your experience and solution.

• Edited by Divya_Wipro Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Divya_Wipro,

>>We are able to click the button and the application runs perfectly when it is done manually but when we try to execute the same steps with CodedUI (VS 2015 Migration), some events(e.g Click Event) are not working.

Does it throw any exception, if so, could you please provide the detailed error message.

In addition. Please Use assembly bindings to redirect old CodedUI assemblies to the new versions

<dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.WindowsStore.CodedUITestFramework">> publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="10.0.0.0-14.0.0.0" newVersion="14.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:07 AM