publish application and web service RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

what is the way to publish web service file to server?

after publish my application can open in the browther, but what i need to do with thr web service?

thanks. 

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:19 AM

Answers

• i found the solution:

i dont know the reason, but the fast publish to the server from vs just not take the web service.

so, now i publish my application local to my computer, and copy the files from mycomputer/path to the server,

and it's work.

thank all. 

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:20 AM

All replies

• I think you should have an IIS server at least.

Then create a website through Visual Studio or just click "Publish the site" in the server Explorer in VS.

Then type your local address and you can od the trick.

Moreover on the usage of the webservice. It really depends on how you make use of it.

I will just add Service Reference to the silverlight project and use Async coding

You can also use Http.Request.

For more details, read http://silverlight.net/learn/learnvideo.aspx?video=47177

Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:30 AM
  • sorry, but i need to understand it better. 

i wrote a silverlight application, and i want to uploud it to my server.

in my application there is all the xaml files, and wabservice.cs file.

when i work locally on my develop computer everything was fine.

i published my application, and the xaml show on server, but the webservice does'nt.

i will be very thankful if someone can tell me how to published/uploud the whole application to the server.  

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 3:30 AM
  • i found the solution:

i dont know the reason, but the fast publish to the server from vs just not take the web service.

so, now i publish my application local to my computer, and copy the files from mycomputer/path to the server,

and it's work.

thank all. 

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:20 AM