How to add # in vsix OutputSubPath RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Currently, I create a custom project type for VS, it's work fine. I want to put my project template under this node, but when I set <OutputSubPath>Visual C#</OutputSubPath> it show error when I build project.

The error is

\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets(520,5): error VSSDK1025: Could not add the file "...\Visual C#\1033\MyApp.ProjectTemplate.zip" to the zip package "bin\Debug\MyWPFProjectTemplate.vsix". Part URI cannot contain a Fragment component.

Also I tried %23 and &#35; still not work. May I ask how can I made my project template hierarchy like this:

- My Project Type

- Visual C#

- MyApp

- MyApp2

- MyApp3

- Visual Basic

- MyApp

- MyApp2

- MyApp3

Best wishes,

Lee

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:39 AM

Answers

• Hi SH-Lee.Li,

According to your description, it seem that you want to add a solution folder which the name include #. As far as I know. the named cannot:

1. contain any of the following characters: / ? : & \ * " < > | # %

2. contain Unicode control characters

3. contain surrogate characters

4. be system reserved names, including 'CON', 'AUX', 'PRN', 'COM1' or 'LPT2'

5 be '.' or '..'

Please use CSharp instead of C#.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SH-Lee.Li Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi SH-Lee.Li,

According to your description, it seem that you want to add a solution folder which the name include #. As far as I know. the named cannot:

1. contain any of the following characters: / ? : & \ * " < > | # %

2. contain Unicode control characters

3. contain surrogate characters

4. be system reserved names, including 'CON', 'AUX', 'PRN', 'COM1' or 'LPT2'

5 be '.' or '..'

Please use CSharp instead of C#.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SH-Lee.Li Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Hi Cole,

Thank you for your information. 

Best wishes,
    Lee

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:10 AM