The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Windows Phone Store Test Kit RRS feed

• Question

• Which test should I use in the toolkit in order to test if a reference is supported or not in WP8? (there are three tests)

• Edited by sara_ss Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:41 AM

Answers

• Where you get System.Json.dll? As I know a most likely dll is System.Runtime.Serialization.dll for JSON related stuff. 

Sounds like manual tests can help to identify these things for you, as I can see the Technical certification requirements for Windows Phone, 5.4 will mainly focus on this part.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Saturday, March 7, 2015 3:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by sara_ss Saturday, March 7, 2015 6:37 PM
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi sara_ss

Why do you need test the reference? If some of the assemblies or reference is not available for the Windows Phone, while developing the Windows Phone app, the error message should be thrown.  

As I can see Windows Phone Store Test Kit for Windows Phone 8 there does not mention any thing about reference check.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

I'm asking this question due to an answer I got in another place.

I wanted to use System.Json.dll in my app, but it didnt show up in the add reference dialog, so I added it anyway(with browse button), and I was told that if you add it anyway my app might fail the certification.  I was suggested to run Store Test Kit to find if it is allowed for sure. 

My question now is which test from the kit I should run?(there are three)

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Where you get System.Json.dll? As I know a most likely dll is System.Runtime.Serialization.dll for JSON related stuff. 

Sounds like manual tests can help to identify these things for you, as I can see the Technical certification requirements for Windows Phone, 5.4 will mainly focus on this part.

--James

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Saturday, March 7, 2015 3:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by sara_ss Saturday, March 7, 2015 6:37 PM
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:53 AM
  • Thanx !
    Saturday, March 7, 2015 6:38 PM