troubleshooting Deploying a compact framework application RRS feed

• Question

• I am running my first compact framework application using Visual studio 2005 and compact framework 2.0. when i press F5 to run, the project is compiled well with out any problem, then I select the Pocket PC 2003 SE emulator and the application ends with a "The operation could not be completed" message, even with a new project and your named "form1" form is the only one contained on the project. I have installed Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK for pocket PC. My targeted device is a Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.

It seems that everithing that a I need, is already installed. My Visual studio 2005 installation has SP2, The compact framework version is .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2

I will appreciate any help.
    R. Gonzalez
    Monday, October 26, 2009 4:25 PM

Answers

• There is no "Visual Studio 2005 SP2" as far as I know. The latest SP for VS2005 is SP1. What did you actually installed? Could you post a link to it?

The message "The operation could not be completed" isn't quite useful. Does it work when you create a new Windows account and use the new account to create the project? You may also try repairing the Visual Studio installation.

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, November 2, 2009 2:11 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:31 AM

All replies