Gmail support just as bad (or worse) in 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• So far I am loving the new features in 8.1. Sadly, the support in 8.1 for Gmail accounts is atrocious (not that it was any better in 8). The account takes forever to sync (no matter what my connection), downloading images in emails is extremely slow, and when I delete emails (or even just read them) that data takes a long time to get back to the server.

Fortunately, we have MetroMail for using Gmail. It actually works. It has a lot of features that are not in the built-in client as well. It would be nice though if the built-in client worked better as, even with 15 minutes being the most often it will check for updates, it can show new emails faster than MetroMail. But then you should head to MetroMail to actually read them.

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

We are looking into Gmail sync taking a long time to complete.  We would like some additional information and would like to collect some logs from your device.  When you have time, please head over to our chat support team and advise them that you are seeing this specific issue and were asked to provide logs.

The agents there will walk you through the process from there.

In addition, please provide the following information here in the forums if you not done so already:

• Make/Model of Device
    • Are you using Wifi when sync fails?
    • What is the Sync setting for "Download Email From" & "Download new content" options?
      To see this go to the Gmail account and go to account setting page (using app bar). Click on the “sync settings” button. If “sync settings” is disabled (which is the case if their account is still syncing) set “Air Plane” mode which will stop sync and then go back and to setting page and click on the “sync settings” button.
    • What country/region are you in?
    • What is your current firmware version of your phone?
    • Is this only being seen for your Gmail account?  Any other accounts impacted?

Thank you,

Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Support Delivery Manager

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:48 PM