none
Dynamically binding a checkbox in excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am using Apps for Office. Using this i am pulling data into the my excel sheet. Is there a possibility that i can dynamically bind a checkbox to each row of the data that is pulled and show in the excel? Once the check the check box and post it back to server it should perform some task at the server, is this possible?

Thanks in Advance,

Srini

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi, Srini

Apps for Excel aren't capable of inserting checkboxes. You have several options available to accomplish the scenario you're describing:

One method would be to have a column in your inserted table that the user controls manually, like a checkbox. Depending on your scenario, it could be something like "Save changes to task?" (Yes/No). Then your app could read those changes to the Yes/No column and update tasks on the server accordingly. This method is good if you have many rows of data.

The other method is good as long as you have a limited number of rows: you can use checkboxes in your app UI itself, using HTML or any web controls. Then users could control what gets sent back to the server directly from the task pane.

I like the way you've designed the work flow in your app. It sounds like this could be a compelling scenario!

-Michael

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:11 PM