none
RSClientPrint fails to print second page RRS feed

  • Question

  • We're using SQL Server 2005 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2. We have a web page with the RSClientPrint ActiveX control embedded in it. When we call the RSClientPrint.Print method the print dialog appears correctly, but when we click OK, the first page of the report is printed and then a '0x80004005' error is thrown. This error also occurs when clicking Preview and then Next to view the second page.

    We have switched on LogRSClientPrintInfo and we can see the first call where PersistStreams=true working. This seems to return the first page of the report in emf format. However, the second call, where GetNextStream=true fails.

    We have tried taking these two URLs from the log file and pasting them into Internet Explorer, in order. The first correctly returns the emf file, but the second returns an rsStreamNotFound error.

    This problem only occurs on one customer site. We can reproduce it on customer sites that otherwise work by closing and reopening the browser before pasting in the second URL. This is leading us to believe that the GetNextStream URL requires some session information in order to know which stream to get and this is somehow being lost. We have tried switching on sessionState cookieless="true" in both the ReportServer web.config and the server's machine.config, to no avail.

    Can anybody shed any further light on this?
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:35 PM

Answers

  • We found the problem. The ConfigurationInfo table in the ReportServer database has a UseSessionCookies row, which had somehow been set to false. When we changed it to true and restarted the ReportServer service (and IIS just in case), it started working. This setting is true by default - we've no idea how it got changed as there doesn't appear to be any UI for it.
    • Marked as answer by _dc_ Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:56 PM

All replies

  • This is now being dealt with in the Microsoft partner forum. I'll post the answer here when I get it.
    • Marked as answer by _dc_ Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:49 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by _dc_ Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:49 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 10:17 AM
  • We found the problem. The ConfigurationInfo table in the ReportServer database has a UseSessionCookies row, which had somehow been set to false. When we changed it to true and restarted the ReportServer service (and IIS just in case), it started working. This setting is true by default - we've no idea how it got changed as there doesn't appear to be any UI for it.
    • Marked as answer by _dc_ Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:56 PM