SQL Azure Data Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using data sync CTP 2 for synchronization between local DB and SQL Azure DB.

1. My que is that it is possible to have synchronization between two tables which having different schema i.e. what if I have a table with 10 columns in SQL Azure DB and a table with 4 columns on local DB and the data type and the columns name of local DB table is same as the SQL Azure DB table.

2. Can we sync between two tables having  different name.

3. What if I change the schema of local DB tables will it reflect to SQL Azure or vice versa.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you really using Data Sync CTP2 (from your other post I understand you are using Sync Framework)?

1. Yes, it possible to only sync a subset of the columns. I posted a code snippet in this thread.

2. As far as I know this is not possible.

3. As far as I understood these changes will not be reflected. Is this the same question you posted here?

Edward

• Marked as answer by Rahul-P Friday, January 14, 2011 11:25 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Hi Edward,

thanx for your reply.  Actually I am working on both CTP as well Framework 2.1, I have created a small application using framework 2.1 but my requirement is to also reflect the schema changes .

Friday, January 7, 2011 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you really using Data Sync CTP2 (from your other post I understand you are using Sync Framework)?

1. Yes, it possible to only sync a subset of the columns. I posted a code snippet in this thread.

2. As far as I know this is not possible.

3. As far as I understood these changes will not be reflected. Is this the same question you posted here?

Edward

Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Hi Edward,

thanx for your reply.  Actually I am working on both CTP as well Framework 2.1, I have created a small application using framework 2.1 but my requirement is to also reflect the schema changes .

Friday, January 7, 2011 5:38 AM