none
Access 2010-2016 Compatibility Error RRS feed

• Question

• 

I was just updated to Access 2016, while my users are still at Access 2010.

I opened our database in MS Access 2016 once, didn't make any changes, and closed it out, and now all the users are having errors for ANY basic VBA code, including:

StrConv(Me.FormField, vbProperCase)

DoCmd.GoToRecord

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

etc.

However, it works fine on my end. Totally broken for all my users on Access 2010. Is there any way to fix this? I am thinking, even if I go back to Access 2010, if these are errors for code that should work fine in either version, how do I resolve these errors?

Tried a compact and repair, no effect.

Here's an example of the errors: In Access 2010, when the AfterUpdate() event is triggered on a textbox that has the function "StrConv (Me.FormField, vbProperCase)", it brings up the VBA debugger. The error it throws is "Compile error: cannot find project or library"

• Edited by wisj Friday, June 24, 2016 4:55 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 4:06 PM

All replies

• When opened in the 2010 version open the VBA editor and then select menu item Tools -> References and see if any missing references. If there are missing references then note which ones and then delete them and find the appropriate reference and recheck the box against it.

It the above is the problem then it will always be a problem after opening in 2016 version and then opening in 2010 version. Reason is that if opened in a later version then it updates automatically but then does not do the reverse when going back to an earlier version.

If the problem is due to adding references so that other applications can be used then instead of using early binding in the code, use late binding. Google early and late binding for more information on this problem.

Regards, OssieMac

Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:00 AM