Wildcards in FileName RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to get all Files from sftp with Pattern "Cust_290011_20190228.csv.gz".
    The bold Part of the Filename ist variable. This Example (below) with Pattern ? doesn't work.
    The other Parts are fine (yesterday). What is wrong with this Wildcard-Expression "?" ...
    Thanks
    Regards
    Nicole
    -----------------
    fileName": {
                    "value": "@concat('Cust_??????_',formatDateTime(adddays(utcnow(), -1),'yyyy'),formatDateTime(adddays(utcnow(), -1),'MM'),formatDateTime(adddays(utcnow(), -1),'dd'),'.csv.gz')",
                    "type": "Expression"

Answer from MSDN

Friday, March 1, 2019 7:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Nicole,

I found a thread that addresses a similar issue. Please have a look at the answer on this thread. I believe that would be helpful in your case as well.

Let us know if it helps. Else we can gladly dive deeper.

MSDN

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Nicole,

I found a thread that addresses a similar issue. Please have a look at the answer on this thread. I believe that would be helpful in your case as well.

Let us know if it helps. Else we can gladly dive deeper.

MSDN

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 10:46 AM
  • Hi MSDN,

thank you. This works fine :).

One final Question:

The copy job copys Files from FTP to ADLGen2. What is the easiest way to create a folder structure in ADLGen2 based on the filename? (e.g., File_20190305.csv.gz)
    Folder: 2019
    Subfolder: 03
    Subfolder 05

For each year, month, day a separate folder. Is that possible with ADF?
    Thanks
    Regard

Answer from MSDN

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:18 PM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_5 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="5" id="5">Thanks</g> Chirag. Will check the resource shared by you.

Regards,

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:40 PM
  • ??

Answer from MSDN

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:46 PM
  • Hi Nicole,

You can do it by providing a partitioned path for the output. To read about that, please refer this doc.

Hope this helps.

MSDN

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:19 AM