none
Sign Excel project with Selfcert RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Windows 10, Excel 2016 Professional. I created my own certificate with SelfCert to sign my own projects. But when I sign my project and want to save it, I get this pop-up:

As I don't know what to do, Cancel is the only option but this discards the certificate.

Can someone explain what to do or how to disable this?

Regards,

JP

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello JP,

You said you got the pop-up when you sign and save project, did the issue happen on signing the project or saving the project?

Have you tired to use the certificate to sign some other project, for example, a simple winform project? Will the window show again?

If you try to use a certificate which is not created by SelfCert to sign your excel projects, will the issue still exist?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:40 AM
  • Hi Terry,

Sorry for the delay. I had no direct answers to your questions and tried the HP Support Forum. Got some replies that didn't solve the issue.

Today I was again googling - a bit hopeless, I have to say - to find a solution and yes!!!

Graham Mayor's article soved it: http://www.gmayor.com/create_and_employ_a_digital_cert.htm

Kind regards,

JP

• Marked as answer by JP Ronse Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:13 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:13 PM