import data from excel to a table with exixting records RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

I want know how to import records from excel(same format) to ms access table with similar records.

Kindly advice, please

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• Click on External Data, select Excel, select the third option (Link to the data source by creating a linked table.).  Browse to find your Excel file, select the desired tab, select 'First row contains column names', enter name you wish to see within Access, and Finish.

Linked tables will appear at the bottom of the list, not in the alphabetical order with the other tables.

• Marked as answer by KPALAR Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:53 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• I usually use the External Data - Excel, import, and then append.

If you are doing it on a reoccuring basis then link the Excel instead of import and at next time name the Excel to the file name you have linked.  Then it is easy to append.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Dear I want to do on recurring basis.

How to link to the table which is having records, please advice.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:13 PM
  • What version of Access are you using? 

Use the External Data - Excel and select Link. 

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:20 PM
  • Access 2007

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:25 PM
  • Click on External Data, select Excel, select the third option (Link to the data source by creating a linked table.).  Browse to find your Excel file, select the desired tab, select 'First row contains column names', enter name you wish to see within Access, and Finish.

Linked tables will appear at the bottom of the list, not in the alphabetical order with the other tables.

• Marked as answer by KPALAR Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:53 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:48 PM
  • Thank You very Much
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:53 PM