none
Job could not be started as another job was in progress RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After upgrading a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10, we're starting to see "Job could not be started as another job was in progress" every day but see another job happening at the same time that succeeds. What could be causing this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the agent.

Screenshot of the job history:

Screenshot of the backup schedule:

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Brent

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:13 AM

Answers

• This is a known bug in the windows platform.

To workaround this issue, you need to change the settings in the task schedule for Online Backups. See the snippet below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote. Feel free to reach out to us if you've additional questions in this regard.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:25 PM

All replies

• This is a known bug in the windows platform.

To workaround this issue, you need to change the settings in the task schedule for Online Backups. See the snippet below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote. Feel free to reach out to us if you've additional questions in this regard.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:25 PM
  • Hi Sadiqh,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I've implemented your advice and upvoted your reply. Once I've confirmed that this works after the scheduled backup tonight (which I don't doubt will work), I'll mark you reply as the answer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:43 PM
  • Glad to help/ :) 

Will wait for your confirmation.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:38 PM
  • As expected, it worked. I'll mark your reply as the answer. Thank you again, Sadiqh. 👍
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:59 AM