Theme.css RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have to customize the master page according to the requirement.

I dont have any server access, but have a test site.I have choosed a theme that is close to my requirement and when i open the site in SPD 2007, i see the themes,default.master,core.css.I tried copying the default.master and making necessary changes to core.css

If i have to change the theme.css,can i go ahead and change there directly, does this change the original theme.css in the site themes gallery??

or do i have to copy theme.css as well? if so how to i attach that to my custom.master

Customizing the theme - does that mean im creating a new custom theme to deploy or just editing to the theme that i applied to my site??

please help on this.

Thanks

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:32 PM

Answers

• Hi SRPD,

if you replace theme.css it will definitely change the original once.

It always recommended to take backup of each and every file which we are going to modify.

The best way is to take backup of these two files default.master and theme.css.

Also you can create a same page from original default.master which will be the safest one because this will not change any content on original default.master page and you get replica of default.master.

Create a custom page and then using SPD make it default master page for the site.

Customizing the theme means - you are going to implement your own changes on existing theme.

hope this will help you to clarify all your doubts

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:25 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:05 PM