Application RRS feed

• Question

• Personally, I like to know how to do a SB be a program in the same application?
    Camila Maria
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:13 AM

Answers

• See this thread on adding an icon to an application.  Not standard SmallBasic, but it can be done.

You may also want to investigate installers or other ways to download your app (the exe + all dlls required e.g. SmallBasicLibrary.dll and any extension dlls used).

SmallBasic doesn't have an installer, but there are plenty about including free ones (google 'free windows installer' here is one that looks OK - not too complicated) - the bottom line is the end user must have .Net 3.5 SP1, the exe and required dlls as stated above and earlier posts.

The easiest would be to pack all required files in a zip for download unless you are interested in learning how to set and use installers.

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:19 PM

All replies

• What do you mean?
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:00 AM
  • I made a program and would like to install on the computers of people or make available for download. How do I?
    Camila Maria
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:56 AM
  • If the target computer has .Net 3.5 SP1 installed, then you can just copy the compiled code *.exe and smallbasiclibrary.dll to the target windows PC and it should run.  The compiled exe and dll will be found in the folder where the source is saved after you run (compile) it.

To do it online you can embed the code listed on the uploaded site after you publish your program (e.g. http://smallbasic.com/program/?CFD075) - the user will need silverlight to run the online program.

To publish a program just hit the publish button on the interface and make a note of the 6 character code for the published program e.g. CFD075 as above.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 6:07 PM
  • How do I run the executable on SmallBasic?
    Camila Maria
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:11 AM
  • To run the program from the editor:

1. Click the Blue Arrow, which says "Run (F5)" under it, or press F5 on your keyboard

To run the program outside the editor:

1. Save your file somewhere

2. Click the Blue Arrow, which says "run (F5)" under it, or press F5 on your keyboard

3. End your program

4. Go to the place that you saved your program in Step 1

5. You should find an executable file (a program)

6. Double Click the file (program) to open it.

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:43 AM
  • This above all I know. What I mean is I want to make available for download the software that I did. In other words, I want it to be an application. How do I run it and put the icon of the software I developed?
    Camila Maria
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:43 PM
  • See this thread on adding an icon to an application.  Not standard SmallBasic, but it can be done.

You may also want to investigate installers or other ways to download your app (the exe + all dlls required e.g. SmallBasicLibrary.dll and any extension dlls used).

SmallBasic doesn't have an installer, but there are plenty about including free ones (google 'free windows installer' here is one that looks OK - not too complicated) - the bottom line is the end user must have .Net 3.5 SP1, the exe and required dlls as stated above and earlier posts.

The easiest would be to pack all required files in a zip for download unless you are interested in learning how to set and use installers.

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:19 PM