none
WCF nettcp receive port not being displayed in netstat and unable to connect to it with application RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application built by another group in my company that works fine on our internal server, but fails when I deploy it to our customer's system.  We are running BT 2010 on W2K8 R2 servers.  When I deployed on our internal server everything looks fine and I can see the WCF Net.Tcp port listening with netstat and all the communications work fine.  But when I deployed to the customers server everything looks fine except I can not see the WCF Net.tcp port listening with netstat and when I try to send to it I get a TCP error code 10061 and it says the machine actively refused it at the ip address and port (which I would expect as it appears to not be listening). 

What can be done to try an figure out why Biztalk is not opening this port when the application is started, I see no errors in the event log's

suggestions??

Thanks

Karl

Saturday, March 2, 2013 3:20 PM

Answers

• Everything is on one machine and for now I did an unistall and re install of BT and that issue is resolved, but I have another with the MSMQ and will open a new thread for it.

KARL

• Marked as answer by khalbert Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:30 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error can be caused by firewall is blocking the request, please check your customer's firewall.
    If it doesn't help, please tell us as free.

Best Regards,

Chen Yu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:47 AM
  • Chen,

The firewall at this sight is turned OFF.  As an added note our product is also opening listening ports and thos appear to be open just fine.  It is just that BizTalk is not opening the listening ports as it should.

Thanks

Kalr

Monday, March 4, 2013 7:29 PM
  • Hi Kalr,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Chen Yu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Hi Kalr,

You can perform a quick test by telnet.exe to the address set in the Net.Tcp port and port number (default 808). If the connection fails, this should still be a network connectivity issue. The client's network administrator needs be involved to troubleshoot it.

More solid approach is to capture and analyze Network Monitor traces between both machines when the 10061 error is reproduced. This will give out all the details about how the connection is refused.

Thanks & Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:00 AM
  • Everything is on one machine and for now I did an unistall and re install of BT and that issue is resolved, but I have another with the MSMQ and will open a new thread for it.

KARL

• Marked as answer by khalbert Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:30 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:30 PM