Google Maps With a Weather overlay RRS feed

• Question

• User-1299937196 posted

I currently use a google map solution and put pin points on the map for a fleet.  Now I want to add to this and overlay the weather on top of the map.  I have been looking at "OpenWeatherMap" but have not got a clear understanding of how it works and how I use it in ASP.net for my webpage.  I'm not all that new to asp.net I just don't use it as much as I should.  To complicate things I'm using ASNA Visual RPG.  

So is there a good weather map overlay or solution you have found that I can take a look at?

Thanks in advance for steering me in the right direction....

Thursday, February 8, 2018 2:58 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi Captain Ron,

I currently use a google map solution and put pin points on the map for a fleet.  Now I want to add to this and overlay the weather on top of the map.  I have been looking at "OpenWeatherMap" but have not got a clear understanding of how it works and how I use it in ASP.net for my webpage.  I'm not all that new to asp.net I just don't use it as much as I should.  To complicate things I'm using ASNA Visual RPG.  

So is there a good weather map overlay or solution you have found that I can take a look at?

According to your description, I suggest you could try to consider using below steps to  overlay the weather on top of the map.

Firstly, you should get the location of current map.

Then you could use some api(like OpenWeatherMap) to get the weather according to the location. 

Then you could use ImageMapType to overlap the weather on the map.

More details, you could refer to below answer.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/35804339/7609093 

Best Regards,

Brando

Friday, February 9, 2018 8:19 AM