Sideloading

Question

• I've created a Windows 8.1 Store App and I'm trying to install the app on another pc. I run powershell file from the app package. It asked for a developer account and I entered invalid credentials and hence the installation failed. The second time I run the powershell file I get the following error

" The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid  for the account name specified "

It is not giving me an option to enter the credentials again..hence failed to install my app :(

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:33 PM

Answers

• any Microsoft account should do

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, April 17, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Hi Priyanka,

Did you follow the steps that described here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/jj874388.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396?

As Dave said all Microsoft account should be able to sideloading the app, however we can try to change the account by PowerShell : Getting a developer license at a command prompt

If change the account by PowerShell still does not help, please try to check your internet settings for example if you have proxy exist and you cannot reach the credential server.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 20, 2015 7:25 AM

All replies

• any Microsoft account should do

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, April 17, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Hi Priyanka,

Did you follow the steps that described here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/jj874388.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396?

As Dave said all Microsoft account should be able to sideloading the app, however we can try to change the account by PowerShell : Getting a developer license at a command prompt

If change the account by PowerShell still does not help, please try to check your internet settings for example if you have proxy exist and you cannot reach the credential server.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 20, 2015 7:25 AM