What control is used to display the "ribbon popover"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

the Dialog to setup a new account in the Win 8.1 Mail app (settings charm/accounts/add account/ohter account) uses a design that looks like a message box: The background is greyed out and the content is shown in a ribbon from the left to the right.

What control is uses here? Is this a custom message box, a flayou, or something else?

Monday, January 20, 2014 12:34 PM

Answers

• It's a custom page. It's pretty easy to implement yourself by creating a grid with a transparent background and a centered row with the input form. I believe there are also several 3rd party versions available.
    • Marked as answer by Agenor Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:46 PM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• It's a custom page. It's pretty easy to implement yourself by creating a grid with a transparent background and a centered row with the input form. I believe there are also several 3rd party versions available.
    • Marked as answer by Agenor Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:46 PM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Are you sure this is a custom page? I did not found any solution to make a page transparent. The only solution I found was to use a Popup instead?

Monday, January 27, 2014 11:50 AM
  • That's a lower-case page, not the class "Page". A Popup is a good control to use (but not the only one, depending on specific needs).
    Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:59 AM