Running Silverlight with Hoopla RRS feed

• Question

• Silverlight is required to run Hoopla through my library.  I installed Silverlight from Microsoft Silverlight homepage, although it shows as 'not verified' under the list of add-ons in 'Manage add-ons' in Internet Explorer version 11.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.  I clicked on 'More Information' in the Manage Add-on list (double click on Silverlight) and enabled all programs to access Silverlight.  I reboot. Login to Hoopla and try to play the item I 'borrowed'.  The program again tells me I have to install Silverlight.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight twice.  Would anyone have a suggestion what to try next.  Thanks.
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Chispita9,

Please check your IE version, please check whether there has any updates for IE. Make sure your IE version is the latest version.

In addition, please try run you browser or login your windows with administrator, which make sure current user has enough permissions to do any operations.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Chispita9,

Does your Windows 7 Home Premium installed SP1 or not?

If not, I'm afraid that it is not support Silverlight any more from 7/24/2014. Please refer to the Compatible Operating Systems and Browsers in below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html

If you are using Windows 7 SP1, please check whether you have set following configurations in IE 11.

• Download unsigned Activex Controls :  Disable
    • Initialise and script Activex controls not marked as safe... :  Disable
    • Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins:  Enable
    • Script Activex controls marked safe for scripting:  Enable
    •  Allow ActiveX Filtering: Disable

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I am running Windows 7 version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1.  I checked the Security settings and they are as above.  I added Hoopla Digital to trusted sites.  Still receive the message I need to installed Silverlight when I click on play the item I 'borrowed' after rebooting. Would you have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:15 PM
  • Hi Chispita9,

Please check your IE version, please check whether there has any updates for IE. Make sure your IE version is the latest version.

In addition, please try run you browser or login your windows with administrator, which make sure current user has enough permissions to do any operations.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:42 AM