none
Visual Studio Intelisense issues

Question

• I'm developing several add-ins for SharePoint in Visual Studio 2015 Community. In all my projects, I get intelisense squiggles in various places in my code. The code is correct and runs fine. Which means intelisense is giving me false information. What could be causing this?

• Moved by Patrick_Liang Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:50 AM VS related issue
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Jsquared Solutions,

Is this file a XML file and the attribute and element are all add-in's content?

As far as I know, the custom attribute and element in XML file will not be recognized because they are not the default XML element. This is the default action in Visual Studio. But since XML file often used for different usage, such as data file, configuration file and so on. The custom attribute and element could read from code. This is why xml file doesn't recognized but still could use your add-in.

If misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in SharePoint forum.

This forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve SharePoint and Apps for Office and SharePoint . Since the issue is more relative to Visual Studio intelligence, I would move it to Visual Studio Development forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Hi Jsquared Solutions,

Is this file a XML file and the attribute and element are all add-in's content?

As far as I know, the custom attribute and element in XML file will not be recognized because they are not the default XML element. This is the default action in Visual Studio. But since XML file often used for different usage, such as data file, configuration file and so on. The custom attribute and element could read from code. This is why xml file doesn't recognized but still could use your add-in.

If misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:10 AM