none
Userprofileservice.asmx With .UDCX File Gives SharePoint Admin Username Instead of First name, Last Name and suchlike.

Question

• Hi all,

I have create an InfoPath form that uses the Userprofileservice.asmx web service to retrieve the information form the AD. I have used a .UDCX file store the data connection.

I wanted to view the First Name, Last Name and Preferred Name on in some text boxes. So I have used the below filters

First Name - Value[Name = "FirstName"]
    Last Name - Value[Name = "LastName"]
    Preferred Name - Value[Name = "PreferredName"]

The XPaths are as below.

First Name - xdXDocument:GetDOM("GetUserProfileByName 2")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/tns:GetUserProfileByNameResponse/tns:GetUserProfileByNameResult/tns:PropertyData/tns:Values/tns:ValueData/tns:Value[../../../tns:Name = "FirstName"]

Last Name - xdXDocument:GetDOM("GetUserProfileByName 2")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/tns:GetUserProfileByNameResponse/tns:GetUserProfileByNameResult/tns:PropertyData/tns:Values/tns:ValueData/tns:Value[../../../tns:Name = "LastName"]

Preferred Name - xdXDocument:GetDOM("GetUserProfileByName 2")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/tns:GetUserProfileByNameResponse/tns:GetUserProfileByNameResult/tns:PropertyData/tns:Values/tns:ValueData/tns:Value[../../../tns:Name = "PreferredName"]

But when I published the form to SharePoint I get
    First Name - SPPrdAdmin
    Last name - EMPTY
    Preferred Name - SPPrdAdmin

I cannot understand what I have done wrong.
    Please help me to solve this.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Chiranthaka- are you using an admin account? Try using an actual user account that has a first & last name.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:59 PM
  • Hi Cameron,

Yes I have tried. I have tried a user with Contribute rights and still I am getting the same results, showing only SPPrdAdmin.

This SharePoint site uses Claims-Based authentication.

I cannot understand what I have done wrong.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 11:24 AM