none
Getting "failed to chage directory to Library/Dreamweaver. Error Code 550." RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone:

I created a website on EW4.  My job was, (1)  To put it on the old domain.  (2)  To put same website on new domain.  Easy enough, right?

For number 1 (the old domain).  I tried to deleted old web files.  They won't.  Then I decided just to upload the new to the old.  I keep getting:  "Failed to change directory to Library/Dreamweaver.  blah, blah.  Error Code 550."  No matter what I try, it just won't load up.

For number 2 (a new domain with go daddy), it went through without a hitch.  Badda-bing....up in less than 5 minutes.

Question?  Why can't I get the new on the old domain?  I have all the passwords, user names, and more.  Connection seems to be working, etc.  What is blocking it?  I can't figure it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options:  I have thunk of just forwarding the old domain to the new.  But, I want to see if this is a problem, that I can just work out on first.  Perhaps it is just a click of something I have not yet figured out.

Thank you for answering my question.  Have a great day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:46 AM

All replies

• Well, it's not an EW issue, clearly.  You have old files you can't delete, and you are referencing Dreamweaver libraries. (I presume they were used by the old version of the site.)

Work in the hosting panel and/or with your host to delete all the old files, and try again.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Hey Kathy:

Yea, I agree with you that it's clearly not an EW issue.  It is just frustrating.  I don't have the access to the hosting panel, because a marketing agent holds all access to it.  I believe I will just take this issue to the owner of the domain.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:04 PM
  • FYI, any 500 level error is server elated and you will need to contact your host to fix the erro.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:27 PM