SQL JOB ERROR - Option "E" is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid. The step failed RRS feed

• Question

• 

Hi, 

While executing SQL job i am getting an error saying 

Executed as user: WORKGROUP\USER-PC$. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version xx.xx.xxxx.x for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved. Option "E" is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid. The step failed.

I wend to the step and saw the command line

/FILE "E:\testing.dtsx" /X86 /CHECKPOINTING OFF /SET "\Package.Variables[STUDY_ID].Value";123 /REPORTING E

I am newbee and dont know where exactly i am getting error..Can anyone help with this error..

Thank's in advance.

• Edited by SSISJoostMVP Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:11 AM Title too general
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:53 AM

Answers

• What you can do is to create a job and then generate the Query by using Script Job and then compare the script with your script used in procedure.
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:38 AM

All replies

•  /REPORTING E  should be valid. According to MSDN it is reporting errors http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162810(v=sql.105).aspx

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:59 AM
  • Hi Vinuthna,

Can you try deleting the Job and recreate the Job and check whether you are getting the same error. But do create the Job using the wizard which you find the in SSMS not through Queries.

Regards

Naveen

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Thank's Naveen,

I will try it.. i am actually doing with c# to create a job and add a step by using stored procedure.. i am not sure may be i miss something but i will try...thank's

• Edited by Vinuthna Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:18 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:12 AM
  • What you can do is to create a job and then generate the Query by using Script Job and then compare the script with your script used in procedure.
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:38 AM