none
Client ReportViewer without direct connection to report services RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a three tier application (client, app server, data base + reporting service). In the client I want to use WinForm ReportViewer control to display RS reports. It’s a possibility to use this control via my app server to connect to reporting service. I want to avoid direct connection between client and reporting services. It’s possible this scenario or not?

Thanks for your response

Monday, November 3, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately this is not a supported scenario, when the ReportViewer is used in Server Mode it requires a connection to the report server endpoint.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 2:38 PM
  • Thanks Matt

It's another solution to display reports on client whiteout connecting directly to reporting services, using the application server as intermediary?
    • Edited by Ioan Toader Monday, November 3, 2008 3:23 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2008 3:12 PM
  • It is possible to render reports on the client using Local processing; however this would bypass your report server and you wouldn't have any of the features that are available when using the ReportViewer in Server mode.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Thanks again,

I want on server side the rendering, onother posibility can be maybe to use a Web App on App server and in client using a Web Browser Control. What about of this idea?
    Monday, November 3, 2008 5:04 PM