Web App + MySQL RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a web app on azure and a MySQL database (Mercury) a couple of weeks ago. All worked well, until a couple of days ago , Mercury database doesn't seem to work, and when clicking on Properties to check the hostname/username/password, i get the following message: "CLEARDBEXTENTION" . The status of the database is Healthy. Yet the database seems to be down. Any suggestions regarding mercury database? (I've also tried creating a new database, but still the same problem)

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:35 AM

Answers

• I've looked thoroughly online to find an answer. 

It seems to be a problem regarding ClearDB.

the answer is in the following link:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/b94e7f61-0a59-44f1-8401-0d38a6052f5e/cannot-open-properties-settings-in-cleardb-mysql-database?forum=AzureDatabaseforMySQL

Friday, June 30, 2017 12:44 PM

All replies

• Is your Web App and MySQL Database in the same region?

Did you purchase MySQL through Azure Portal or Azure Marketplace?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:37 PM
  • It's through azure portal, and yes it's in the same region as my web. The problem isn't the region, i've tried to deploy Mysql database on it's own, and still get the same error.

I'm currently a student in Tel Aviv University , and my final project is on IoT. We're doing the project with Microsoft's supervision. They have given us access to azure portal.

Still, I've managed to deploy a Mysql database a couple of weeks ago, and it worked perfectly. But now, i'm getting the error message and I can't seem to enter Properties and get the host name/password, etc... i'm using mercury database, and it doesn't seem to deploy anymore for some reason

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:05 PM
  • There could be many possible reasons for the issue.

Mercury plan includes one MySQL database with the following limitations:

• Database size cannot exceed 20MB.
    • No more than 4 simultaneous connections can be made to the MySQL database.

Which subscription are you using? I would suggest you check the FAQ for more details and limitations based on the subscription level.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:40 PM
  • I'm using Azure pass.

The problem isn't with the subscription, not with my credit balance.

A couple of weeks ago , MySQL Database worked fine. I'm only testing for now, nothing serious, barely using up 10MB. 

Now, every time I deploy MySQL Database, whether on it's own, or using Web App, it deploys successfully, but when I enter to check the Host name/username/password, so I can connect, It says on a clear page: CLEARDBEXTENTION, with a cloud and a rain of drop as an image in the middle of the page. I tried deploying using different resource groups, different regions, on different browsers, and nothing worked. Which is curious, since I can deploy iot hub, and Web Apps with no problem at all.

FAQ can't solve my problem, I already checked. It's getting frustrating to be honest, I can't seem to find an answer 

Friday, June 30, 2017 12:18 PM
  • I've looked thoroughly online to find an answer. 

It seems to be a problem regarding ClearDB.

the answer is in the following link:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/b94e7f61-0a59-44f1-8401-0d38a6052f5e/cannot-open-properties-settings-in-cleardb-mysql-database?forum=AzureDatabaseforMySQL

Friday, June 30, 2017 12:44 PM
  • Glad to hear that you have found an answer. Appreciate for sharing the steps which helped you, this would certainly benefit other community members.

For further updates, check the thread which you are referring to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 1, 2017 10:36 AM