none
Referencing System.Net.DNS in Excel VBA RRS feed

• Question

• I need to access some functionality in System.Net.DNS from a VBA macro in Excel.  I cannot find which module to reference to give me access to any of the functionality, nor can I seem to us createObject(...).  Anybody know how to do this?  Thanks.
    Friday, March 28, 2014 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Ofifce, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for VBA

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, March 31, 2014 1:57 AM
  • Thank you.
    Monday, March 31, 2014 2:48 AM
  • Hi David,

We can create a custom class to contain the System.Net.DNS, and rigister it for com and make the assemble COM-Visible like figure below:

Then you can add a reference for the custom dll like figure below:

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:04 AM