none
Removing a GUI RRS feed

• Question

• I have some code I wrote in C# that's form-based.  However, I need to alter my code to run on a Linux system.  It can run C# code, but it can't handle the GUI.  Is there an easy way to alter the code to make it not launch any of the window forms?  The loss of any I/O isn't an issue here, so all I need is to remove the forms.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:01 PM

Answers

• Well, I'd assume you already have a good separation between the logic and the UI.  With the logic in its own class library, interacting with the UI through interfaces and events.  Just what you'd need to make the logic run on Linux without the UI.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:53 PM

All replies

• Well, I'd assume you already have a good separation between the logic and the UI.  With the logic in its own class library, interacting with the UI through interfaces and events.  Just what you'd need to make the logic run on Linux without the UI.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:53 PM
  • The problem is that there's no real separation. The entire code is form-based and is run from the same library as the UI.
    Now, pulling the logic out and putting it in its own function shouldn't be too difficult, but I was trying to find if there was another solution.

Edit: Logic separation taken care of... My problem was misunderstanding VisualStudio in making a non-Windows application, not in the code itself.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:58 PM