none
XML task attributes for active and auto scheduled don't work. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm trying to create a xml file using c# and import it to ms project 2010. This is a example of a task element that I create:

    <Task>
          <UID>10</UID>
          <ID>1</ID>
          <Name>Componente - Conversion</Name>
          <Type>2</Type>
          <isNull>0</isNull>
          <Active>1</Active>
          <Manual>0</Manual>
          <CreateDate>2016-06-07T10:57:23</CreateDate>
          <Start>2016-05-31T09:00:00</Start>
          <Finish>2016-05-31T09:00:00</Finish>
          <Duration>PT0H0M00S</Duration>
          <ManualStart>2016-05-31T09:00:00</ManualStart>
          <ManualFinish>2016-05-31T09:00:00</ManualFinish>
          <ManualDuration>PT0H0M00S</ManualDuration>
          <DurationFormat>5</DurationFormat>
          <EarlyStart>2016-05-31T09:00:00</EarlyStart>
          <EarlyFinish>2016-05-31T09:00:00</EarlyFinish>
          <LateStart>2016-05-31T09:00:00</LateStart>
          <LateFinish>2016-05-31T09:00:00</LateFinish>
          <CalendarUID>-1</CalendarUID>
          <IgnoreResourceCalendar>1</IgnoreResourceCalendar>
          <isPublished>1</isPublished>
          <ExtendedAttribute>
            <FieldID>188743748</FieldID>
            <Value>1</Value>
          </ExtendedAttribute>
        </Task>

    But it appears as inactive and manual scheduled.

    Is there something that I'm missing?

    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:19 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Luiz,

    I do not work with XML but I tested your file using Project 2010 fully updated with the May 2016 Cumulative Update. I first created a simple 3 task file in Project. The first task was a one-day inactive task. The second task was an auto-scheduled one-day task. The third task was a manually scheduled 2 day task. I saved the sample Project file as XML. I then edited the resulting XML text document to add your task and then imported into Project using the import wizard. The result is shown in the screen shot below.

    Note that the three original tasks were imported exactly as originally created. Your task should have been imported as a milestone, but instead was imported as a one-day task. The start date was also modified by the import to start on the Project Start date (June 6) instead of May 31 as specified in the XML file. However, it was not manually scheduled and it was active.

    Here's what I suggest. First, make sure your installation of Project is updated with the May 2016 Cumulative Update. The easiest way to do that is to run Windows Update. If that resolves your issue, great, but if not, try a test sequence similar to what I did (i.e. create a simple file in Project, save as XML, then open the XML in Project). If the test works fine, study the XML file and determine what your original file may be missing.

    Hope this helps.

    John

    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:38 PM
  • I found the error, the tag isNull must be IsNull and isPublushed, IsPublished.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 3:52 PM
  • Luiz,

    Okay, great, glad you found the error.

    John

    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 4:05 PM