none
Incorrect spelling for LoadBehavior caused me a big headache! RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hi,

    I developed an add-in for Excel 2007 and created a setup project for it.

    And when I tried installing the add-in using the setup program, everything installed correctly (registry keys, dlls, manifest etc), but

    the add-in just wouldn't load. I tore my hair out(literally) trying to figure out what went wrong. I finally realised it was the spelling for the LoadBehavior value(its part of the registry entries for the add-in).

    Since I'm from India and use UK English, I had typed LoadBehaviour, instead of LoadBehavior. Not easy to see the difference there.

    So for those who normally use UK English and find that their add-in fails to install, you could check the spelling of LoadBehavior for a probable cause.

    Regards

    Rajeev

    Thursday, July 7, 2011 5:21 PM

All replies