Custom Code is not working, when referenced from an expression in a field of a hidden row RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

my custom code is not working ("#error"), when referenced from an expression in a field of a hidden tablix-row

It works fine on our ssrs 2008 native mode environment but published to our ssrs 2008 r2 (sharepoint integrated mode) brings this error.

In the tablix I use 2 rowgroups and the second rowgroup visibility setting is hide and can toggled by the first rowgroup. the second hidden row contains the fields which reference the custom code. at the end of the report (in another tablix) I show the calculated value from my custom code (expression for showing the variable.value)

in ssrs 2008 r2 (sharepoint integrated mode) the custom code works fine only when I open the second rowgroup (click on the +). when I close the group again ... "#error" is shown for the variable at the end of the report (in another tablix).

is there a way how to fix that problem?

why it works fine in 2008? is this a setting issue of the ssrs?

thanks in advance

rené

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi rene,

Did you deploy the reports to ssrs 2008 r2 (sharepoint integrated mode) using BIDS 2008? it seems like a bug to your issue based on the information, without detail information, it is a little diffcult to reproduce your issue at a very specific scenario, could you please show more information about your issue.

Currently, if this issue is urgent to your business, I would recommend you contact Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you in a more efficient manner. However contacting phone support will be a charged call. But it will be free if this is a product issue.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

Regards,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Sunday, October 9, 2011 1:11 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:31 AM