none
Cross browser testing in Firefox Ver 45 with selenium component.

Question

• Hi,

Does selenium component for Coded UI Cross Browser Testing work for Mozilla Firefox ver 45?

The official site for selenium component for Coded UI Cross Browser Testing says it supports Firefox ver 33. What does it mean? How to script in this case if it supports. any change compared to chrome? 

I had been automation testing with the Selenium components for Coded UI Cross Browser Testing in Chrome. I wanted to do the same in Mozilla Firefox 45. I tried the same process as I do in Chrome – Changed the current browser to Firefox and handle the code for browser specific events wherever required. But it doesn’t work. The browser opens, but it fails to load the ip and also fails to run the  rest of my script.

Here is the code snippet I use for launching the browser

public void OpenBrowserWindow(string currentBrowser, string browserProperties, string browserPropertyValue, string ip)

{

BrowserWindow.CurrentBrowser = currentBrowser;

BrowserWindow.Launch(ip);

BrowserWindow browser = new BrowserWindow();

browser.SearchProperties.Add(browserProperties, browserPropertyValue, PropertyExpressionOperator.Contains);

browser.Maximized = true;

}

Exception that happens at BrowserWindow.Launch(ip) –

An exception of type 'OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException' occurred in WebDriver.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Failed to start up socket within 45000 ms. Attempted to connect to the following addresses: ***.*.*:****

Stack Trace

OpenQA.Selenium.Firefox.FirefoxDriverServer.ConnectToBrowser(TimeSpan timeToWait) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Firefox\FirefoxDriverServer.cs:line 275

at OpenQA.Selenium.Firefox.FirefoxDriverServer.Start() in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Firefox\FirefoxDriverServer.cs:line 97

at OpenQA.Selenium.Firefox.FirefoxDriverCommandExecutor.Execute(Command commandToExecute) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Firefox\FirefoxDriverCommandExecutor.cs:line 58

at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWebDriver.cs:line 892

at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.StartSession(ICapabilities desiredCapabilities) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWebDriver.cs:line 870

at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver..ctor(ICommandExecutor commandExecutor, ICapabilities desiredCapabilities) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWebDriver.cs:line 89

at OpenQA.Selenium.Firefox.FirefoxDriver..ctor(FirefoxBinary binary, FirefoxProfile profile, ICapabilities capabilities, TimeSpan commandTimeout) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Firefox\FirefoxDriver.cs:line 169

at OpenQA.Selenium.Firefox.FirefoxDriver..ctor(FirefoxBinary binary, FirefoxProfile profile, TimeSpan commandTimeout) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Firefox\FirefoxDriver.cs:line 164

at OpenQA.Selenium.Firefox.FirefoxDriver..ctor(FirefoxBinary binary, FirefoxProfile profile) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Firefox\FirefoxDriver.cs:line 151

at OpenQA.Selenium.Firefox.FirefoxDriver..ctor(FirefoxProfile profile) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Firefox\FirefoxDriver.cs:line 129

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.CrossBrowserProxy.ProxyFirefoxDriver.<>c__DisplayClass54.<.ctor>b__52()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.CrossBrowserProxy.FuncInvoker.InvokeMethod[T](Func`1 function)

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 11:04 AM

Answers

• Hi SandeepPRaju,

According to your description and code snippet, I create a sample Coded UI Test project which just contains one method that used to open site with Firefox browser. The version of Firefox browser is 45.0 and I get the same error message with yours.

Then I uninstall my Firefox 45.0 and install the version 33.0, it can open the assigned site with Firefox 33.0.

So I'm afraid that the Selenium Component for Coded UI Cross Browser Testing is just support Firefox 33.0 now. And in the Q&A of the Selenium Component for Coded UI Cross Browser Testing download site, there are other communities also has this issue.

I suggest you contact the author to submit this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:38 AM