ssrs 2008 printing on both sides of a paper RRS feed

• Question

• In an ssrs 2008 report, I have a user that would like a 2 page report (letter) to print on both sides of the same paper. For the second page, she would like to have the information displayed upside down. The second page would be printed in the opposite direction of the first page.

The first page prints top to bottom. The second page prints bottom to top.

Basically this is a letter to students. The first page is the letter to the student. The second page is where the mailing address information is displayed. The paper is basically followed in half and the address information is what the user should see when the letter is sent to them.

Thus can you tell me if this is possible? If so, can you show me how to meet the requirements that I have been given?

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:42 PM

Answers

• Thus can you tell me if this is possible?

Hello,

SSRS creates only GDI print stream and sends it to the Printer and it's the duty of the printer priver & the printer itself for how to print it.

So you have to setup the printer configuration do perform duplex print (=front & back side, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplex_printing); that's nothing you can setup in SSRS.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, June 2, 2017 5:53 AM