none
copy a file to a mapped network share results in "request not supported" with 0x80070032 RRS feed

• Question

• I copy a file from my local drive with my Visual studio application to a mapped network share using System.IO.File.Copy(... , ....,  True)
    When the file doesnt exits on the network share it works.
    When the file already exists on the network share it results in an error : "request not supported" with HResult = 0x80070032

Doing the same with the windows explorer works just fine. Windows asks the file already exists, overwrite? -> yes -> and it overwrites the file.

I cant find a solution.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:45 AM

All replies

• Which exception do you get?

Do any of the conditions for failure mentioned in the documentation apply?

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:58 AM
  • I use system.io.copy(file1, file2, True)

and i get the next error

System.IO.IOException
      HResult=0x80070032
      Message=De aanvraag wordt niet ondersteund.  (its dutch it says "request not supported")

Source=mscorlib
      StackTrace:
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
       at CombiCodeBuildAgent.FrmCombiCodeBuildAgent.VB$StateMachine_34_btnStartBuilding_Click.MoveNext() in C:\temp\V14\bs\CombiCodeBuildAgent\CombiCodeBuildAgent\CombiCodeBuildAgent\FrmCombiCodeBuildAgent.vb:line 508

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:08 AM
  • The stupid thing is that it only happens on my pc now.

Other pc's in the network who are running win 7 pro dont have this problem.

I updated my win 7 pro this week to win 10 pro 1909 and now this stupid thing

appears.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:30 AM

• That would fall under the documentation's "An I/O error has occurred."

Which is a bit vague.

Have you tried retrying the operation to see if it's a transient issue?

It might be worth using the SysInternals ProcMon to see if that can throw some light onto what's happening.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:48 AM
  • Hello,

I see in the process Monitor app that when windows is trying to create the distination file on the mapped network share the next message:

IRP_MJ_CREATE  ""filepath+filename"  NOT SUPPORTED 

Desired Access: Generic Read/Write, Delete, Write DAC, Dis, Options: Sequential Access, Non-Directory File, Attributes: A, ShareMode: None, AllocationSize: 0

But why ?????

When the destination file not exists it says

IRP_MJ_CREATE  ""filepath+filename"  SUCCESS

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 12:48 PM
  • Have you compared this with the same operation from a machine where the problem doesn't happen?

I wonder if you have an AV product installed that's causing a problem?

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:30 PM
  • Doing the same with the windows explorer works just fine. Windows asks the file already exists, overwrite? -> yes -> and it overwrites the file.

I cant find a solution.

Maybe you can try the method used by Explorer (IFileOperation.CopyItem , with P/Invoke

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:05 PM
  • I have the same thoughts, i saw that i have a new version of kaspersky running on my pc 

than all the others in the network. Will ask the system administrator to disable it for a while to check if thats the problem

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:16 PM
  • Hi Herbert veldhuis,

Sorry to bother you.

Could disabling kaspersky help you solve this issue? You could also have a try Castorix31's suggestion to check if it could work. If there is any update information, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, January 24, 2020 6:55 AM