none
How to get working hours, hours per week and cost per hour? RRS feed

• Question

• Now that I can finally use the PSI web services of our Project 2007 Server, I would like to calculate my overtime:
    By overtime I don't mean overtime registered as such in Project, but instead, excess hours over the normal number of hours per week.

I can retrieve my own timesheets for a given period using ReadTimesheetList. So far, so good.

But I would like to also find out the following things:

1. I need to divide TS_GRAND_TOTAL_ACT_VALUE by some factor to get the correct number of hours from that timesheet.
      Where can I find that factor, other than just comparing with the Project Web Access view of the timesheet?
      It's obviously not just my per-hour salary (more like 20-30 times that value).
    2. Where can I find out how much I should have worked in a given period?
      I.e. where can I find my "default working hours per week" (maybe I just work part-time?) and whether a day was a public holiday or not?
    3. Where can I find my time off (sickness, vacation)?
      Or is that included in the timesheet?

Thanks!

Marvin

Hypnose Berlin
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:25 PM

All replies

• You could use ResourceCapacity.   It measures how many hours a resource can work per period - factoring in holidays, vacation and non-working days from the resource and global calendar..

I believe you will find those values in one of the datasets from the Resource web service.   Hope that helps.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:32 PM
  • In your scenario it is important to know in which way you define the 'regular' hours an employee is supposed to work. You can either set the Max. Units to something other than 100% or you can define a custom calendar. The Max Units go against the calendar you have specified for the resource, which by default is the a 5x8 calendar.

Working with part-timers some organisations even choose to ask everyone to write 40 hours, part-timers write their time-off as administrative time. Sickness and Vacation are other types of administrative time. They show up as timesheetlines of a different type. Check the TS_LINE_CLASS_UID property for that.

Jan Cirpka
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:56 PM
  • I'd need to check with HR, but I think they just configure the percentage because it's sounds like easiest way.

Employees only enter the hours they've really worked (well, and vacation is entered as planned administrative time; sickness I don't know as I haven't been sick yet...).

Isn't there a way to check through the web services?

Hypnose Berlin
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:01 PM