none
Cannot access service published by biztalk WCF publisher. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have created a simple orchestration with a public receive port. On the administration, I created a receive port/location with WSTCPIP and gave a location like net.tcp//Localhost/personservice.service.svc.
    When i publish the mex endpoint using location with biztalk wcf publishing wizard, It creates a site at IIS. Now, when i try to access the site it throws error
    'Root elemnt is missing' I have looked at the root directory config file but do not what to look for?
    Error details is:

Root element is missing.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[XmlException: Root element is missing.]
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) +76
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res) +61
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() +3979352
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() +151
       System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() +64
       System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadStartElement(String name) +22
       Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Metadata.ReceiveLocationProxy.ExtractProperties(String customCfg) +129
       Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Metadata.ReceiveLocationProxy.CreateRLConfig() +31
       Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Metadata.MexServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses) +312
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +11656092
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +42
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) +479

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/PersonService/PersonService_ProcessPerson_ReceivePersonMsgIN.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Root element is missing..]
       System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +11527290
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +194
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, Boolean flowContext) +176
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule.ProcessRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +278
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Looking for any insight.
    Web services work fine if I use wcf publisher wizard to create service with http binding.

Shady
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I just removed anonymous access checkbox and checked integrated windows authentication on and I am able to access the service.

Shady
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I just removed anonymous access checkbox and checked integrated windows authentication on and I am able to access the service.

Shady
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:40 PM
  • interesting, because I tried the same thing and got a new error saying;

Security settings for this service require 'Anonymous' Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:28 PM