Alias not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I'm getting an Alias not found when I attempt to skip for staff.security = "USER"
    sorry this happens if I remove the branckets as shown below but if I add the branckets, I don't get anything, the line of code just doesn't do anything.

Friday, May 3, 2013 1:37 PM

Answers

• Why do you need to change the menu items accessibility at run-time?

I would suppose menu items are accessible based e.g. on logged-in user security group and it means when some user logs into your app then you may generate the menu (or disable/enable menu items) and that's it.

The public variable is visible everywhere after its creation. If you create it at the program start then it must be visible in each form.

• Marked as answer by mikelvfp Friday, May 3, 2013 3:19 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2013 2:25 PM

All replies

• Do you use private data sessions? If yes then the staff table open in one datasession is invisible in another one.

If you need to know the result of some expression try to execute it in Command window:

? ('staff.security') = "USER"

Debug window is also very helpful in similar cases.

Friday, May 3, 2013 1:49 PM
  • Yes I use a private data session, and it comes back .F.

I tried creating a Public variable but that doesn't work either

its works but only if I have the form I input the public variable into opened

Friday, May 3, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Why do you need to change the menu items accessibility at run-time?

I would suppose menu items are accessible based e.g. on logged-in user security group and it means when some user logs into your app then you may generate the menu (or disable/enable menu items) and that's it.

The public variable is visible everywhere after its creation. If you create it at the program start then it must be visible in each form.

• Marked as answer by mikelvfp Friday, May 3, 2013 3:19 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2013 2:25 PM
  • thanks Pavel, your absolutely right. alternatively I defined the logic from within the form, so when a "USER" accesses the form they are subject to only "USER" rights.

Thank you once again for your help

Friday, May 3, 2013 3:19 PM