Error Displaying DBImage on Web Server RRS feed

• Question

• User-1379223949 posted
    I have a LINQ to SQL Server 2008 Dynamic Data Web Site.  I publish to .NET 3.5 Framework.  I display product images on some pages out of the database using <asp:DynamicControl/>.  Everything works in development.  I publish the site to a staging folder, back up the content on the web server, delete everything on the web server, and then FTP from the staging folder.  When I post the site to the web server some of the pages work fine.  However, all of the pages that display images with the <asp:DynamicControl/> method show the following error: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>"BC30560: 'DbImage' is ambiguous in the namespace 'DynamicDataFuturesSample'."<o:p></o:p>

Would someone please give me some assistance.  The web site is already late.

Monday, December 1, 2008 2:07 PM

Answers

• User-1005219520 posted

The error usually means you have a class or DLL twice in your project. If you have Vista SP1, you can test your web site with IIS 7 and mimic the server. The ASP.Net development server (AKA Cassani) that runs from Visual Studio is much different than the real IIS server.

This link should help you find your problem.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 7:34 PM

All replies

• User-1005219520 posted

The error usually means you have a class or DLL twice in your project. If you have Vista SP1, you can test your web site with IIS 7 and mimic the server. The ASP.Net development server (AKA Cassani) that runs from Visual Studio is much different than the real IIS server.

This link should help you find your problem.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 7:34 PM
  • User-1379223949 posted

Thank you for your reply.  Your answer really was really close to the problem.  The issue actually turned out to be that the DynamicDataFuturesSample.dll was creating extra references.  When I delete the DynamicDataFuturesSample.dll from the bin folder after publishing to the IIS server everything worked correctly.  I assume that this is because each page builds the references that it needs from the .dll and it is no longer required after publishing.  This is the first time I have needed to remove a .dll from the bin folder after publishing. 

Saturday, December 6, 2008 9:22 AM