Color Popup location on Page RRS feed

• Question

• User-1953747684 posted

I have a SharePoint 2010 WebPart with 3 HTML editors. The problem I am having is that the popups, i.e. text color popup pops up way down the page sometimes it shows up under the other grid and isn't clickable.. looking for Help

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 5:01 PM

Answers

• User-286291038 posted

Hi,

Please check the z-index values in the modal. Maybe it is lesser than the main window. Try adjusting that to see if you can get the popup to show at the desired location. Also check the position settings for the modal and adjust it till you can get it to reach the correct position.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:05 PM

All replies

• User1045926409 posted

I need to position div popup to the center of browser screen ( no matter what size the screen is). And I want to keep the position as absolute as I don't want to move the popup down when I scroll down the page.

This div is displayed when button is clicked using Jquery.

I tried setting margin-left to half of the width like mentioned in other posts but It isn't working for me.

Here is my code

CSS code:

.holder{
        width:100%;
        ;
        left:0;
        top:0px;
        display:block;
    }
    .popup{
        width:800px;
        margin:0 auto;
        border-radius: 7px;
        background:#6b6a63;
        margin:30px auto 0;
        padding:6px;
    }

.content{
        background:#fff;
        padding: 28px 26px 33px 25px;
    }

HTML Code:

<div class="holder">
            <div id="popup" class="popup">            
                <div class="content">
                            some lengthy text
                         </div>
            </div>
       </div>

Thanks!!

source-http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8764399/how-to-position-the-div-popup-dialog-to-the-center-of-browser-screen%20

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 5:31 PM
  • User-286291038 posted

Hi,

Please check the z-index values in the modal. Maybe it is lesser than the main window. Try adjusting that to see if you can get the popup to show at the desired location. Also check the position settings for the modal and adjust it till you can get it to reach the correct position.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:05 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi pm3870,

As we know, element with greater stack order will be always in front of other elements with lower stack order. As Nataraj said, you could use F12 developer tools to inspect the popup modal and check the z-index property to make sure if color popup modal has a greater stack order.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, August 15, 2016 9:24 AM