none
Access Room Finder via VSTO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm trying to set up an addin in Outlook 2010 with a form region on Appointment Items to display information about a room resource when a room is selected from the Room Finder. Currently I have this working by watching the Location property on the AppointmentItem and then updating the pane when the property changes and resolves to a valid room resource.

This is really clunky however and I was wondering if there is any way to access the Room Finder region itself - either to watch for events or to modify the region content? I can't seem to find any reference to the room finder region in the documentation so I'm assuming it's not possible sadly but I'm hoping someone else knows different!

Many thanks

Tim

Monday, December 17, 2018 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

>> I was wondering if there is any way to access the Room Finder region itself - either to watch for events or to modify the region content? I can't seem to find any reference to the room finder region in the documentation so I'm assuming it's not possible sadly

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to do it in outlook API. Perhaps, we could do this via EWS.

For more information, please review the following links:

Understanding the Room Finder function in OWA

Outlook APIs for getting meeting room details whether room is booked or not

Find All Available Meeting Rooms using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook

Hopefully it helps you.

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Thanks for your asking. Did you resolve your issue? If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer and close the post.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know.

I wish you a happy life!

Bet Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:01 AM