none
Issues with the microsoft speech to text component for C# RRS feed

• Question

• My code is below:  the callback function gets called but the accuracy is really poor.  using System.Speech.Recognition; 

What can be done if anything to improve the accuracy of the translation?    

speechRecognitionEngine.RequestRecognizerUpdate();

speechRecognitionEngine.LoadGrammar(new DictationGrammar());

Friday, December 20, 2019 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi mike,

Thank you for posting here.

It is the developer's job to improve the recognition rate of speech recognition.

For users, apart from maintaining a quiet environment and replacing a good headset, I"m afraid there is nothing we can do to improve it.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 9:35 AM
  •     There are recognition engines that are notably better than this. Why is the performance below android speech recognition and others?  

Saturday, December 21, 2019 2:28 AM
  •   let me make sure i understand the context of your response. the first link is another recognition engine but do you know if there is an engine i can access through C# or not? 

the second link is this a windows update which contains a better speech recognition engine and does the same namespace i mentioned in the code above applicable with this reality?

Saturday, December 21, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Hi, mike,

For your first question, it is an application and you can launch it in C # using the following code.

Process.Start("app path");

The second problem is that the version of windows has nothing to do with the namespace you use. It will not affect your use, but I am afraid it will not improve the recognition rate.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 23, 2019 9:21 AM